Installing Hidden Power 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Hidden Power 7

Hi all. I have just upgraded to Elements 7 and a machine running Vista. I previously ran Elements 4 on XP with Hidden Power 4. I tried to install Hidden Power 7 Free Tools but cannot find the Photo Creations/photo effects folder or the MediaDatabase file. I tried looking for them as hidden files as well. Does anyone have a resolution for me. Thankyou.

Re: Installing Hidden Power 7

The installation instructions for version 7 describe where the files are found and where to put them. Be sure you are looking at the Vista part of the instructions...e.g.,

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

not

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

Comment

Hi Richard, I had read the instructions before posting. These folders do not exist where you state them on my install. In fact using "search" does not find them at all.

Comment

Are you on Vista?
        Do you have Elements installed?

If yes to both of these, the directories have to be there or the Elements program will not work. Please follow the instructions for showing hidden folders...I believe I included those in the instructions.

OK?

Richard

Comment

My mistake Richard. I was looking in Program Files/Adobe.

Comment

Glad you found it! I only have occasional access to Vista, so I try to make things as accurate as possible when I do my testing. I'm glad it worked out.

Comment

Yeah your instructions were spot on. As mentioned, I had purchased Tools for Elements 4, and these are installed in Program Files/Adobe. So there is where I went wrong, read one thing and did another. Cheers

Comment

Glad it is all straight now...thanks for the followup.

Comment