Hello - Just Registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Just Registered

Hello ... I am brand new to this forum. I wish I had learned of it prior to purchasing Photoshop Elements 6 for my mac. I was unaware that such a forum existed.

I've tried man places to get a read or comparison on the difference between Photoshop Elements 6.0 and CS4. I know enough to realize that there is a big difference in cost and capability, but not sure what the true editing difference is. So ... I took the low cost way first.

AFTER I purchased (still have not received it), I learned that Elements can not do layers or masks, which disappointed me. But ... I read somewhere where layers and masks can be an option in Elements.

Forgive me for babbling, but I want to compliment my Canon 5D Mark II pictures with a good post processing software that will give me good picture clarity, color saturation, and sharpness. I'm wondering if Elements will do that?

I hope that Elements is intuitive so that I can get up to speed quickly. However, there are probably links or tutorials, or books that will help in that regard. Any suggestions ?

Re: Hello - Just Registered

You can do masks in one way or another with Elements. layers definitely -- except for in 16-bit editing.

My books are pretty good -- though not recently updated. You can likely find them on ebay as well as amazon and even the local bookseller...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MartyA
      New to Elements 7
      MartyA
      by MartyA
      Hi,

I'm an After Effects using that wanted to be able to import PSD files with layers and Elements seems to work well (which is good since I can't afford PhotoShop right now).

However, I see that when working in Elements, I can't pull guides from the rulers, which is something...
      02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
    • xxpaperdollxx
      Hmm.
      xxpaperdollxx
      by xxpaperdollxx
      I have Photoshop Elements, but I'm not sure what I'm lacking from the full version of Photoshop. A lot of the people on this board use a whole bunch of editing styles (I've seen the word 'curve' used before), and I don't know what to do.

Have I missed a major tutorial? I feel so lost...
      04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
    • Dezzy
      Photoshop from Elements 11
      Dezzy
      by Dezzy
      Can someone tell latest version of Photoshop. there are CC versions which I think are cloud use and do they require internet connection. And are CS versions on the computer and don't need internet connections. Or is Elements 11 good enough without upgrading to a full photoshop ???
      01-28-2017, 12:29 AM
    • den4ever
      Elements 2.0
      den4ever
      by den4ever
      I know its old but until today it has served me well. I am getting the following message:-

An unexpected & unrecoverable problem has occurred because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit.

I have tried reinstalling & rebooting but still get the same response....
      11-02-2007, 02:14 PM
    • humblejohn
      newb needs help on elements books
      humblejohn
      by humblejohn
      i am a newbie and just bought canon 300d. i have elements 2 which came with the camera. i am wondering if i should buy lynch's book- elements 3 since it may not be that much different than 2 so that if i later upgrade to 3 i am ahead. in addition, should i acquire eismann's-Photoshop restoration...
      01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
    Working...
    X