Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Photoshop Actions in Elements - Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Photoshop Actions in Elements - Success!

I mentioned in another thread in this forum, that I have the Mac version of the PS6 Demo. I have now successfully used this to create a couple of simple actions of my own (merely for scientific experiment - no-one but myself would love them - and they have to be fairly simple as the demo only has a limited set of the filters available), save them and then create an action set that will allow them to run in Elements. I have also modified (successfully) a couple of photoshop actions created by others to run - these only needed the capitalisation of the names to be changed.

I don' t know whether the Windows demo works in the same way. The PS7 demo is time limited rather than (image) save disabled but of course would allow a months worth of action writing and style creation!

This also suggests that it would be Really Helpful if people when writing photoshop actions would have a thought to potential use by their poor relations using elements - giving actions names that avoid capitalisation, spaces and funny symbols and maybe in an included read-me file in the zip an indication of the action name, would go an awful long way to helping us.
    Susan S.

Susan S.

Sounds great Susan!

Please contact me offlist. You have a way of hiding your email!

[email protected]

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rachelrigden
      Installing Actions in Photoshop Elements 6
      by rachelrigden
      I am relatively new to Photoshop Elements and have just purchased version 6. I have downloaded an atn file to install but cannot find any instructions on how to install this action in the program. All instructions that I have found relate to older version of Photoshop. I am running Vista.
      06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
    • sharynideas
      Actions in Elements 5 ?
      by sharynideas
      I am familiar with writing scripts in PSP. Is it possible to write scripts for actions in elements 5?
      07-17-2007, 04:51 AM
    • tomstorey
      Hidden Power..actions?
      by tomstorey
      Just downloaded the trial copy of Hidden Power for Elements and installed it ok but not sure how to run an action with it...would be grateful for any help with this.
      Thanks
      Tom
      05-21-2004, 11:34 AM
    • tjsgarden
      Adding Photoshop Actions
      by tjsgarden
      This question is directed to Richard Lynch and also anyone else that may have possible solutions.
      First, I want to thank Richard for going above and beyond the call of duty to assist element users. I have ordered your book but not yet received it.
      My issue is, I ordered 'Intellihance'...
      04-23-2003, 11:32 AM
    • touchytouchy
      Uploading Actions in Elements 3
      by touchytouchy
      I downloaded some actions off Eien Cafe and cannot get them to load in elements 3. I have tried everything, from unzipping the .atn file to the filters, effects, and presets folder to trying to drag them into the effects palette manually. I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to work I've been trying...
      05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
    Working...
    X