Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA III install problem

Hi,

I downloaded HPA3, and before installing it I read the readme file and it said you might want to change the name of the Welcome window file so you could revert back to it at a later time, so I changed the file index.html to index_original.html. Then I installed HPA3, and I was subsequently notified that index4.html already existed, and I was asked if I wanted to overwrite it. I clicked on Ok.

Everything seemed to install correctly after that, but after playing around with some of the new tools, I realized that the menu for the tools that came with the book had disappeared, and I can't find it anywhere on the Welcome window or in the How To palette. I searched my Elements 2 folder for index4.html, and it looks like it's in two locations:

\Photoshop Elements 2\Recipes\Hidden Power\hidden_power\index4.html

and

\Photoshop Elements 2\HTMLPalettes\Recipes\index4.html

and it is in fact the menu for my old tools. What should I do? My operating system is Win98.

[edit]
    Update: If I close Elements and relaunch it, then I am presented with the menu for the tools in the book, and under the "Other" tab I see:

Added tools
    "Actions" (a link)

When I click on Actions, I am taken to a new menu for the new tools. But, how do I get back to the menu for the tools from the book?
    [/edit]
    Last edited by dpnew; 01-17-2004, 09:32 PM.

To get back to the book tools, click the Hidden Power banner.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jcarter11
      What next, finally got to Welcome window?
      by jcarter11
      Need help, went thru the stuffing unstuffing issues with no luck, so had my PSE instructor send me a workable/installable file. Then we were able to get
      HPA3.sea installed on my Mac.

Now have the new Wecome window, but when I click on anything, nothing
      happens....
      11-11-2003, 07:35 PM
    • juanita
      windows xp
      by juanita
      Windows Xp
      I have recently purchased The Hidden Power of Photo Elements 2 and have installed the CD. I'm having problems accessing the tools. I checked and they are installed in the Photo elements directory in all the correct places. It does however not show up on the How To. If I browse the...
      08-11-2003, 06:48 AM
    • dpnew
      Using HPA3 with book tools?
      by dpnew
      Hi,

I just installed the HPA3 tools, and I can't figure out how to get from the free tools to the tools that only come with the book. How do you find the menu for the book tools?
      01-18-2004, 01:42 PM
    • Dennis Kessler
      Can't install HPPE3 on Win2k
      by Dennis Kessler
      I've completely disabled virus protection, rebooted, and verified it's off.
      I've tried installing off of my c: drive. No change.

I accept the license agreement and get a screen which lists 3 options: Acrobat Reader, Chapter Files, Power Tools.

I click on Power Tools...
      01-30-2005, 10:46 PM
    • Ronoak
      XP insatallation problems
      by Ronoak
      I can't get the tools to load at all from cd. I am using XP home and when it comes to the screen to show which file to save to I put c:\Program files\ Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2 and get the password box. I type in the password from my book and it blanks it out and I type it again. This happens three...
      10-17-2004, 12:31 AM
    Working...
    X