Can't install HPPE3 on Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install HPPE3 on Win2k

I've completely disabled virus protection, rebooted, and verified it's off.
    I've tried installing off of my c: drive. No change.

I accept the license agreement and get a screen which lists 3 options: Acrobat Reader, Chapter Files, Power Tools.

I click on Power Tools and get the Hidden Power Tools Installer ("This package will install...").

I click OK and get the Enter Password screen. I enter the password from P.23 of the book and hit "Ok".

I see a Command Prompt screen appear (1/4 second) and disappear. Nothing more happens.

I've checked the spelling many times and have cycled my caps lock on and off to make sure it's off.

Help!

Please have a look in Elements. The install takes about 1 second, and there is no confirmation (a fault in the installer). From what you described, however, the tools are already in there...

Let me know.

The only other problem could be that you don't have elements installed on the C drive...that is covered elsewhere...in the elements 3 forum.

Comment

Thanks

Everything appears to be there. I tried the "Split RGB" power tool and it worked fine. I didn't expect a 1/4 second install.

Thanks, Dennis

Comment

A few small files with a quick unzip utility do get done in a flash. Literally.

Glad you are up and running.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Richard_Lynch
          Installation and Troubleshooting
          by Richard_Lynch
          <<I have tried to install the Hidden Power 3 tools several times, and I can't seem to. Do you have some definitive trouble-shooting information?>>

This is actually quite a large order. While probably 99% of people trying to install have no trouble at all: they just click on...
          02-21-2005, 09:23 AM
        • ocostich
          Elements 4.0
          by ocostich
          Will the PSE 3.0 tools work with 4.0 or will there need to be an upgrade? If the upgrade will be needed, when will it be available for download?
          10-09-2005, 12:23 PM
        • Avanti
          Help, please? Hidden Elements quit working, as did all Recipes!
          by Avanti
          I've successfully used Hidden Power tools for sometime in Photoshop Elements 2 (W2000, SP3), but found today that trying to use ANY of the tools brought up this message (the end of which corresponds to the specific tool): Cannot find 'file:///Program%20Files/Adobe/Photoshop%20Elements%202/HTMLPalettes/Recipes/PlayAction(hidden.elements.atn,add-luminosity)'....
          04-20-2004, 07:49 PM
        • dpnew
          More than one computer?
          by dpnew
          Hi,

In my book, it says not to give out the Hidden Power tools freely, but I'm visiting relatives for the holidays, and one of them has Elements II on his computer. He doesn't use Elements, and I want to continue with some of the lessons in the book, so I was wondering if it's ok to...
          12-23-2003, 06:44 PM
        • euclid47
          Hidden elements 4 tools with PE6
          by euclid47
          I have PE4 plus the hidden tools.
          Question: If I buy PE6, do I have to uninstall PE4 and the hidden tools first?
          Can the PE4 hidden tools be used with PE6?
          Is there anything else I should be aware of?

euclid47
          02-20-2008, 08:45 AM
        Working...
        X