Related Topics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulating LucisArt

Do you think, that there is a way to simulate such effect? I tried Shadow/Highlights combine with High pass, but I wasn't even close

Re: Simulating LucisArt

behind lucisart, there is a big fat ultra hyper algorithm. the plugin scrambles and squizzles and computes all the bits and bytes of your image. if you can simluate this effect manually with integrated filters in photoshop, then you are some kind of god.

if anyone is saying something different, he's wrong.

Comment

Many have tried to recreate the LucisArt look manually. IMO all have failed...

Some believe the Topaz > Adjust plugin comes close to LucisArt look, but it, too, is a plugin. It is not nearly as expensive as LucisArt. See: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sof...as-arisen.html

Lightroom can render a look that's sort of like LucisArt look, too. See: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=25576756

Comment

I am computer scientist and I don't believe in hyper ultra algorithms. Maybe I will try to recreate such effect using some languages, but first we have to figured out, how it's work.

Comment

There's a guy over on Flickr that used a LucisArt white paper that was once posted on the developer's website to recreate the software on his end, but of course due to patent protection he cannot redistribute it.
          Last edited by plugsnpixels; 11-08-2008, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wojciech View Post
            I am computer scientist and I don't believe in hyper ultra algorithms. Maybe I will try to recreate such effect using some languages, but first we have to figured out, how it's work.
            lol i was just kidding with "hyper ultra". when you can program something, than you can recreate it. but just slamming some filters around will not get you there. and i think 98% here cannot program for photoshop.

Comment

Working...
            X