• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topaz simplify beta

Plugs and pixels has posted in a previous thread about this beta
    simplify

there is a download link and page here

I thought it may get more attention here, i have downloaded it and had a quick play, looks like another winner ,

One thing i cant see if it is compatable for mac's so i presume not maybe some one will jump in with the info

here are a few quick try's
    images from image after and a image from a old post which i used adjust then simplify on and the next one the other way round simplify then adjust

remember that simplifying looks good on its own but also works well as a base for ahb and pst etc

Please post your thoughts and any images as well ( settings would be a bonus)
    Attached Files

Re: Topaz simplify beta

Those look great!! On their flickr account (topaz) they say a mac version in a couple of weeks. I would love your setting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yvonne View Post
      Those look great!! On their flickr account (topaz) they say a mac version in a couple of weeks. I would love your setting!!!
      Thank you Yvonne, i have a confession to make I never kept my a note of my settings when doing them but if you say which one i can try and replicate them

Palms

Comment

How about all of the above!!!!

Comment

As promised, Palms and thanks for opening this thread :-)
          Noting settings is a bid tough as you have 3 screens to play with. This one is done only with TL Simplify, not other treadment. Used oil painting from the presets as a start, mono edge and modiefied the settings there mostly...
          First one, more to come...

BTW: yours look great :-)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yvonne View Post
            How about all of the above!!!!
            ok the forest one was done using the painting watercolour preset and a saturation boost from the adjust tab ( take it into ps and add usm)

the building i used again the watercolour preset and then under the simplify tab i moved the feature boost to 2 then i made a seperate line image and set the blendmode to overlay ( similar to what i do in buzz, i wanted to see what the difference might be )
            the others sorry i havent the time at the moment to go over them

Nice one Amica i swap around the screens a bit but stay mainly on the combined image

Palms

Comment

I use Mac and run Windows plug-ins such as Simplify using XP Pro via Parallels Desktop.

Simplify should be released for Mac in a week or two, according to the developer (and yvonne, I see!).
              DISCOUNTED plug-ins, FREE digital imaging ezine archive and PHOTO BLOG:
              www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

WONDERFUL NEWS, P&P!!!! (for Mac folks)

Palms, thanks for doing the trees one. Glad to see you can really simplify the leaves similar to BUZZ.

I know what's gonna be on my Christmas list! :-)

Comment

I have Buzz and the look is similar in some cases, but NOT ALL!

Has also some very versatile sliders for adjusting the look.

This is pure Topaz Simplify, nothing else.

Steve C.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the Mac simplify should be out within two weeks I'll post here when it is released.

Those are certainly some fantastic examples. If you download v0.2b, you'll notice that we included a little "Share" button on the side that will bring up a window with easily copied parameters so you can share your Simplify settings much easier.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
                    Eric

Comment

I really like this plug-in. It's a good replacement for Buzz. Nice job.

Joe
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Plugs and Eric for your answer on the mac compatability

Swampy i have always liked buzz on leaves as well, this does a good job also

That is great Steve a good illustration of the plug in I tend to agree with you not quite the same as buzz. but as buzz has now gone, a excellent replacement

Joe that is another great image to demo simplify

come on more of your results please

Palms

Comment

Thanks, palms, I am writing them down now. I sure like this filter and now they have added a share button, cool

Comment

the Topaz Simplify screen is cut off on the bottom and I cannot see the last entry of the presets and can hardly see the bottom sliders.. any one else or is it just my display?
                            Attached Files
                            ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

Looks like you're running your monitor lo-res, based on the size of your screenshots. Can you increase your screen resolution?
                              DISCOUNTED plug-ins, FREE digital imaging ezine archive and PHOTO BLOG:
                              www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

Working...
                              X