Site Update 10/29/2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Update 10/29/2007

If you can read this, you're on our new dedicated server!

You should notice everything is a lot snappier from now on, and no slowdowns or downtime (so they promise me).

I know, I know, I said I was going to move the servers this weekend, and that it might mean days of downtime. But that was before our server crashed one more time last night, and I just lost it. So I bought a case of Mountain Dew, brought in all my pipes, and just slogged through it manually overnight.

There's a couple of things that still aren't quite right. Attachments are still moving over from the old server, so they'll take some time to show up. And our tutorial section is broke (I half expected that, but I'll try to fix it once I've gotten some sleep).

If you notice any other weirdness (new weirdness, that is), PM or email me at dnelson at this domain.

Oh, and this is a serious financial commitment, so I'd appreciate it if you'd consider joining our Patron program. And thanks to you that have already joined, here's your money at work!
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 10-29-2007, 06:28 AM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    Site Update 03/06/08
    by Doug Nelson
    A new spring-themed contest just started over in the Contests forum. If you've got spring fever like I do, maybe this will help.

I got a couple of good Challenge submissions last month, so I'll be posting those shortly. Keep an eye out over in the Challenges area. (but I still need more...
    03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Site Update 10/28/2007
    by Doug Nelson
    We're moving!

We've outgrown our server (actually we outgrew it months ago) and I've finally worked out the last few kinks to allow moving the site to a new super-whoop-dee-do dedicated server.

My plan right now (and subject to revision) is to move next weekend (late Nov....
    10-28-2007, 06:45 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    We're moving
    by Doug Nelson
    As I promised, the funds generated by the recent donation drive are being used to move us to a new and much better webserver. In fact, we're moving to the best one I could find, with an excellent reputation for reliability and support.

Right now I'm planning for the move to be a week...
    07-05-2002, 04:47 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Behind the scenes at RetouchPRO
    by Doug Nelson
    I have no idea if anyone is actually interested, but I thought it might be helpful for some to know a little bit about how this site works. At worst this could provide a few minutes of idle entertainment, and at best it might explain why some things are the way they are.

First of all,...
    09-09-2002, 01:38 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Site Update 11/25/07
    by Doug Nelson
    So many changes and additions, I don't know where to begin.

I guess the biggest addition is our new blogs section. Any Senior Member here can blog about anything they want. Check out what's currently being blogged about, and try starting your own.

We also have a new HDR/HDRi...
    11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Working...
X