No announcement yet.

Site Update 05/05/18

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    If retouchpro.com had a million dollars
    Doug Nelson
    lynda.com just got bought for $1.5 billion dollars. dpreview got bought by amazon some time back. petapixel, fstoppers, model mayhem, all have corporate investors behind them.

retouchpro.com is just me working out of a spare bedroom. I've tried to find investors, but we're seen as some...
    04-24-2015, 12:10 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    We're moving
    Doug Nelson
    As I promised, the funds generated by the recent donation drive are being used to move us to a new and much better webserver. In fact, we're moving to the best one I could find, with an excellent reputation for reliability and support.

Right now I'm planning for the move to be a week...
    07-05-2002, 05:47 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Behind the scenes at RetouchPRO
    Doug Nelson
    I have no idea if anyone is actually interested, but I thought it might be helpful for some to know a little bit about how this site works. At worst this could provide a few minutes of idle entertainment, and at best it might explain why some things are the way they are.

First of all,...
    09-09-2002, 02:38 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Early Warning: we're moving!
    Doug Nelson
    Just so no one freaks out when it happens, I'm posting this early warning: some time in the next 30 days we'll be moving servers. This means the site will be completely closed for a couple of days, plus it will take anywhere from 1 to 4 days for everyone to be able to see the new location. Those who...
    06-16-2003, 02:55 PM
  • winwintoo
    OK, now what do I do??
    winwintoo
    Those of you who've followed my somewhat checkered career, know that I've done some volunteering at the local Seniors' center in the computer lab and even did a couple of stand-up routines based on PhotoShop Elements - to rave reviews I might add

I've had several requests from...
    03-30-2005, 01:00 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Update 05/05/18

Congratulations on making it to the new server location! As you can see, many things have changed.

We're on the newest version of the forum software, and it will be perpetually upgraded so we will always be up to date. RP isn't going anywhere for years to come.

There are many new features, some of which I haven't turned on yet. Look around, and try them out as they roll out. Post about any problems in the Website Feedback forum, please.

Sadly, the Challenges, Galleries, Archives, and Tutorials are gone. They couldn't survive the move. But different and better things will be coming soon.

The video rentals page is also gone, but I will be slowly uploading those to Youtube for free viewing. Make sure you subscribe to the channel and activate notifications there so you'll know whenever the next one is available http://youtube.com/retouchpro

You might still notice a few slight changes in the upcoming days, as I fiddle with things while we're live. Hopefully I won't break anything
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning
Working...
X